Sunday, October 11, 2026

Wonderful Peace

1   
Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight  
Rolls a melody sweeter than psalm;  
In celestial-like strains it unceasingly falls  
O’er my soul like an infinite calm.  
2  
What a treasure I have in this wonderful peace,  
Buried deep in the heart of my soul;  
So secure that no power can mine it away,  
While the years of eternity roll.  
3   
I am resting tonight in this wonderful peace,  
Resting sweetly in Jesus’ control;  
For I’m kept from all danger by night and by day,  
And His glory is flooding my soul.  
4   
And methinks when I rise to that City of peace,  
Where the Author of peace I shall see,  
That one strain of the song which the ransomed will sing,  
In that heavenly kingdom shall be:   
5   
Ah! soul, are you here without comfort or rest,  
Marching down the rough pathway of time?  
Make Jesus your friend ere the shadows grow dark;  
Oh, accept this sweet peace so sublime.     
Refrain:  
Peace! Peace! wonderful peace,  
Coming down from the Father above;  
Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray,  
In fathomless billows of love.
  

Author: W. D. Cornell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76cchtSVgkk&list=RD76cchtSVgkk&start_radio=1

 Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment