Wednesday, October 7, 2026

In Heavenly Love Abiding

1   
In heavenly love abiding,  no change my heart shall fear;  
And safe is such confiding,  for nothing changes here:  
The storm may roar without me,  my heart may low be laid;  
But God is round about me,  and can I be dismayed?  
2   
Wherever he may guide me,  no want shall turn me back;  
My Shepherd is beside me,  and nothing can I lack:  
His wisdom ever waketh,  his sight is never dim,  
He knows the way he taketh,  and I will walk with him.  
3   
Green pastures are before me,  which yet I have not seen;  
Bright skies will soon be o'er me,  where darkest clouds have been;  
My hope I cannot measure,  my path to life is free;  
My Saviour has my treasure,  and he will walk with me.
    

 Author: Anna Letitia Waring (1850)    

This video is a congregation singing this hymn without accompaniment. It's not particularly good quality, but I was not able to find a good recording of this song with this tune. (The lyrics are often set to a different tune.) Anyway, this is authentic in that it is pretty typical of how you would hear this hymn sung in any Church of Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prG7wpsmbOk&list=RDprG7wpsmbOk&start_radio=1


John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.    

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.   
 
Isaiah 25:4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.    

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.    2 

Samuel 23:4 And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.    

Acts 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:    

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment