Sunday, September 20, 2026

A Beautiful Life

 

1  
Each day I'll do a golden deed,  
By helping those who are in need;  
My life on earth is but a span,  
And so I'll do the best I can.  
To be a child of God each day,  
My light must shine along the way;  
I'll sing His praise while ages roll  
And strive to help some troubled soul.  
3  
The only life that will endure,  
Is one that's kind and good and pure;  
And so for God I'll take my stand,  
Each day I'll lend a helping hand.  
4  
I'll help some one in time of need,  
And journey on with rapid speed;  
I'll help the sick and poor and weak,  
And words of kindness to them speak.  
5  
While going down life's weary road,  
I'll try to lift some trav'ler's load;  
I'll try to turn the night to day,  
Make flowers bloom along the way.    
Refrain:  
Life's evening sun is sinking low,  
A few more days and I must go,  
To meet the deeds that I have done,  
Where there will be no setting sun.
  

Author: William M. Golden (1918)    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Ze_65XIko&list=RD92Ze_65XIko&start_radio=1



Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.    Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.    James 2:14-26 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? ...    Colossians 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all. 12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.


No comments:

Post a Comment