Friday, August 7, 2026

Who At the Door is Standing

1  

Who at the door is standing,  

Patiently drawing near,  

Entrance within demanding?  

Whose is the voice I hear?   

2  

Lonely without He’s staying:  

Lonely within am I;  

While I am still delaying,  

Will He not pass me by?  

3  

All through the dark hours dreary,  

Knocking again is He;  

Jesus, art Thou not weary,  

Waiting so long for me?  

4  

Door of my heart, I hasten!  

Thee will I open wide.  

Though He rebuke and chasten,  

He shall with me abide.  

Refrain:  

Sweetly the tones are falling;  

“Open the door for me!  

If thou wilt heed My calling,  

I will abide with thee.” 


 Author: Mary Bridges Slade    

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXf4BrQgAQ0

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment