Seeking the lost, yes, kindly entreating
Wanderers on the mountain astray;
“Come unto Me,” His message repeating,
Words of the Master speaking today.
2
Seeking the lost and pointing to Jesus
Souls that are weak and hearts that are sore,
Leading them forth in ways of salvation,
Showing the path to life evermore.
3
Thus would I go on missions of mercy,
Following Christ from day unto day,
Cheering the faint and raising the fallen,
Pointing the lost to Jesus, the Way.
Refrain
Going afar upon the mountain
Bringing the wanderer back again
Into the fold of my Redeemer
Jesus the Lamb for sinners slain.
Author: William A. Ogden
This song is a good example of many gospel songs that feature a bass lead on the chorus, with the other voices responding to each line of the lyric.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3yD2ajytGI&list=RDH3yD2ajytGI&start_radio=1
Luke 15:3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying, 4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? 5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. 7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
"Come unto me" his message repeating"
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
"Jesus the Lamb for sinners slain"
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
"showing the path to life evermore"
John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
"cheering the faint and raising the fallen"
Luke 22:32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
No comments:
Post a Comment