Thursday, July 23, 2026

There is a Fountain Filled with Blood

Another song on the theme of the blood of Jesus. In this hymn there is a reference to Immanuel...  

1  

There is a fountain filled with blood  

Drawn from Immanuel’s veins;  

And sinners, plunged beneath that flood,  

Lose all their guilty stains. 

2  

The dying thief rejoiced to see  

That fountain in his day;  

And there may I, though vile as he,  

Wash all my sins away. 

3  

Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood  

Shall never lose its power,  

Till all the ransomed ones of God  

Be saved, to sin no more. 

4  

E’er since by faith I saw the stream  

Thy flowing wounds supply,  

Redeeming love has been my theme,  

And shall be till I die. 

5  

When this poor lisping, stammering tongue  

Lies silent in the grave,  

Then in a nobler, sweeter song,  

I’ll sing Thy power to save. 


Author:William Cowper (1731-1800)    

This was one of the late great Vestal Goodman's trademark songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PasK3ZFAOPE&list=RDPasK3ZFAOPE&start_radio=1

 Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment